Nonprofit Tax Services
Michelle R. Montgomery, P.L.L.C. proudly serves the tax preparation, planning, and compliance needs of a wide variety of nonprofit organizations. Not only can we prepare your Form 990 tax returns but, as an experienced Virginia Beach CPA firm, we can assist you with the more complex tax issues facing non-profits today. We're highly trained in the unique tax requirements for non-profit organizations including public reporting and disclosure of Form 990, state and local tax filing requirements, planned giving, and fundraising.
At Michelle R. Montgomery, P.L.L.C., our goal is to retain your tax-exempt status so your resources go towards accomplishing your organization's goals and objectives, instead of the IRS. It's critical that your accounting system is set up to track these reporting requirements accurately in order to keep your tax exempt status, and we'll ensure that this is being done properly. We'll also keep you informed of any income-generating activities that could incur tax liability so they can be avoided. And if your organization needs to file for tax-exempt status, we make it easy by preparing all the required paperwork and filing the application on your behalf.
We'd like the opportunity to meet with you and discuss our tax preparation and tax planning services for Virginia Beach area nonprofits. Call Michelle R. Montgomery, P.L.L.C. today at 757-213-6945 to schedule a consultation at a convenient time.
Tax consulting services for nonprofits:
- Tax consulting
- Tax compliance checkup
- Compensation planning
- Complete and file application for exempt status 501(c)(3)
- Help maintaining or regaining your public charity status
- Preparation of form 990 tax returns (990-T, 990-EZ, 990-N, 990-PF)
- Help with tax compliance problems
- Unrelated business income tax
- Related entities issues
- Annual tax reporting for private foundations
- Assistance with international tax regulations
- For-profit joint ventures
- Drafting IRS-recommended policies
- Tax reporting
- State charitable registrations
- Donor receipts
- Informational tax returns 1098/1099 series
- Help starting a nonprofit
- Help following the IRS requirements to end a nonprofit